Total grant received = $4,100 (Bamako and Dinfara, Mali MPI = $3000 + RAM-G = $1,000 + Rotary Clubs in Mali = $100)
- To work hand in hand with Mali’s National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) and the Ministry of Health to help drastically reduce malaria cases in communities, where malaria cases are high and causing huge social economic burden on the communities.
- To contribute to the reduction of morbidity and mortality due to malaria in Mali, through malaria prevention educational awareness campaign and raising the capacity of the communities to prevent the spread of malaria.
- To work with the National Malaria Control Programme in organizing a mass media campaign through radio programmes, newspaper and social media network which will spread the malaria prevention messages to a wide audience.
- To organize conferences, debates and the use of drama groups and animation from comedians to provide malaria prevention information to community leaders, women’s groups, pregnant women and mothers of children under 5 years old. These activities will be carried out with the participation of the National Malaria Control Programme, community health nurses and public health officers of the Ministry of Health of Mali.
- Strengthen the capacity of health providers of the Dinfara health center on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of malaria by providing them with Rapid Diagnostic Test Kits and insecticide-treated mosquito bed nets especially for pregnant women and children under 5 years old.